OIL AND GAS 2.1D PIPELINES (ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES)
ADVANTAGES OF PIPELINE TRANSPORTATION.
– It is a more effective and speedy alternative.
– Pipelines are comparatively safer than tankers.
– It is more economical and cost-effective especially in relation to movement of large volumes.
– Pipelines lack flexibility as their routes and destination cannot be changed except by reconstruction.
– Pipelines are cost intensive to construct.
– Sabotage and trespass is a constant issue in the oil industry.